In a groundbreaking move that reshapes our interaction with smartphones, Samsung’s latest innovation, the Galaxy AI, initially flaunted in the dazzling Samsung Galaxy S24 series, is now poised to grace older Samsung devices. This development is a game-changer for Samsung users, highlighting the tech giant’s commitment to enhancing user experience through cutting-edge Galaxy AI software.
The Galaxy S24 series, comprising the Galaxy S24, Galaxy S24, and Galaxy S24 Ultra, marked a paradigm shift, emphasizing software prowess with the introduction of Galaxy AI.
What is Galaxy AI and Why Does It Matter?
Galaxy AI, Samsung’s proprietary artificial intelligence software embedded in the S24 lineup, heralds a new era in smartphone functionality. With a focus more on software innovations than hardware upgrades, Galaxy AI integrates a suite of AI-driven features designed to revolutionize how we use our phones. The anticipation among Samsung enthusiasts has been palpable: will these advanced features be available on their older models?
Galaxy AI: Expanding the AI Horizon to Older Devices
The recent Galaxy Unpacked event shed light on this burning question. While these AI features were initially perceived as exclusive to the S24 series, Samsung has decided to break the mold. According to a statement confirmed to Android Authority, Samsung plans to roll out these features to a range of older models, including the Galaxy S23 series, Galaxy S23 FE, the innovative foldable Z Fold 5 and Z Flip 5, and the versatile Galaxy Tab S9 series.
This rollout is not just a simple update; it’s a testament to Samsung’s forward-thinking vision. By extending Galaxy AI to older models, Samsung is not only boosting the longevity of its devices but also democratizing access to the latest technology.
The Galaxy AI Suite: A Peek into the Future
The Galaxy AI suite includes several groundbreaking features:
- Instant Slo-Mo: This allows users to transform any standard video into a 120fps slow-motion masterpiece, with an option to escalate it to 240fps. This is achieved through sophisticated frame interpolation technology, a hallmark of Galaxy AI’s prowess.
- Live Translate: A boon for global communication, this feature facilitates real-time translation during conversations, displaying translations in a split-screen format for two people facing each other.
- Chat Assist: Integrated with the Samsung keyboard, this feature offers real-time translation in 13 languages, sentence rephrasing, and even social media caption creation.
- Circle to Search: Developed in collaboration with Google, this feature lets users circle an object on their screen to instantly access information and images about it.
Must know AI tools, launches, and updates from this week:
1. Samsung Galaxy S24 "Circle to Search" powered by Google Gemini pic.twitter.com/0YXZOlIbZe
— Rowan Cheung (@rowancheung) January 21, 2024
The Path Forward and What to Expect
While there is excitement about these features coming to older models, it remains unclear which specific features will be available and whether all will be supported. Samsung has indicated that only devices running One UI 6.1, initially exclusive to the S24 series, will receive these updates. This rollout is expected to be completed within the first half of 2024, bringing a new level of AI integration to a broader range of Samsung devices.
Galaxy AI: A New Era for Samsung Users
Samsung’s decision to extend Galaxy AI features to older models is more than just a software update; it’s a statement of inclusivity and innovation. As users of older models eagerly await these updates, it’s clear that Samsung is not just selling phones; they’re crafting an experience, continually evolving to meet and exceed the expectations of their users.
This move solidifies Samsung’s position as a leader in smartphone technology, eagerly embracing the future while respecting its legacy.